Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's out, I woke up alive and survived the night!!!

Terrified yesterday I went through with my bands removal. My doctor wants to do the revision surgery in 2 stages to minimize the risks. Whilst I get thing from my article search on all the medical journals I have to say I was a bit disappointed. For 3 reasons
1. I have annual leave at the moment till June 18th and getting it over with now would mean no more time off work.
2. I will find out when the gastric sleeve can happen today it may be 3-6 months.
3. I will be free falling with out a band or anything for that matter for this time .. Ok there's a 4th
I want my life back

The pain of getting it out hasn't been so bad. I hate waking up from the general feeling like a truck has run you over and a horse kicking you in the guts. Once I got back to the ward 6pmish and could wake up a bit more I texted and rang everyone who wanted to know I was ok. Slowly got moving bathroom stop and got out of that ugly gown!! Managed with just panadol till 1030pm. Managed 1/2 hot tea, apple juice and a small jelly.

It's 650am now and I have managed to nap between blood pressure checks and 4 hourly panadol. So home today with hopefully so Idea about when I may be able to have the sleeve.

A lovely thing that happened was that the nurse looking after me tonight has had a sleeve 2 years ago . She lost 48kg in 18 months feels well rarely hungry and manages all foods. So inspiring to talk too and she gave me some info for the doctor we both are using and his Facebook support forum,

Blogger on my iPhone is amazing I am going to be blogging this whole thing .

Xxx

Gorgeous gown and stocking and the IVT pole I'll post some. Photos of my new scars soon.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

I had my lapband removed last June and I was revised to the sleeve at the same time. Best decision ever! I was able to lose the last 25 lbs in about 2.5 months and more importantly, I have been able to easily maintain my goal weight of 150 lbs by even losing an additional 10 lbs! My weight fluctuates between 138 - 141 lbs. I am so happy and thankful that I had the surgery. I can eat anything and never worry about getting stuck. I have also incorporated exercise into my life which is a must for me and most people in maintenance. Good luck to you!

FK said...

Thank you so much Jacquie, I have followed you blog and in fact you are one of the reasons that I took a step back and reviewed what was happening.. I have come to terms with the fact that the band hasn't worked and I look forward to the future. My doctor wants to wait 4 months to do the sleeve!!!! He said this afternoon that everything was in good condition and that the day before he had removed a band for a woman with slippage and erosion and it was looking like a revision to a sleeve would not be possible. That put things into perspective for me and I feel that I have made the right choice. I have so many questions for you Jacquie xx