Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 4 ...

So last night I had a lot of pain whilst moving around in bed kind a pulling sensation it felt terrible and frighten me a bit..

Today I was up early and showered managed another blow dry, straighten and a touch of make up all before 9am. Headed off to do some jobs at the post office and store. My friend called in for a cup of tea midmorning and bought tea and mags! Then at lunch I head into town on a 45min drive to pick up my dad in the city.. Not my smartest move. I got out of the car and whilst slinging my bag over my should got another crippling pulling sensation on my left side and across to the port site hmmmmm I was in so much pain for a good 10mins before it settled.

So that was my reminder that I am only 4 days post op and need to chill out!!! I keep saying yes to all the things people are asking me to do. I think becasue I am off people keep asking me to do things for them. I am on sick leave I need to rest.. I am also working out what the sensations mean.. the full sensation I think I have that one filed now!

Today Food wise I managed..

100mls Meal replacement

60mls banana smoothie

100lms meal replacement

4 tablespoons of caustard

1000mls of water so far..

Not really hungary but tummy is rumbling a lot this evening not sure what that means...

I hope I am doing everything right... And I hope I havnt done any damage to my band hmmm!

Loving keeping up with all your blogs over the last few days its nice to have some down time !

K xxx

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Ouch to the pulling feeling in your stomach. It's still early days yet and you must be ultra careful - try to rest up (says she haha.. so much easier to say than do, right?)
All sounds good on the food front though. You are getting through some good liquids. Can't see anything wrong with what you're doing so far :) Enjoy your down time!

Girl Bandit said...

Hope I don't sound rude...but don't all these people who ask you to do stuff know that you ahve surgery???? It is not the time for you to do heavy lifting etc??? You take care and rest up...

FK said...

You dont sound rude at all... this is what my husband has said today after another family member asked me to do something. It's funny i thought being up and moving showered, dressed was going to be good for me... maybe I should have stayed in my PJ's and looked sicker! I think they always just expect I can do it... maybe I wont answer the phone tomorrow....